I had sung with Ashley in the University of Toronto Gospel Choir for a few years and it was great to have met someone who appreciated photography, let alone my own style. So here she was, generously hiring me to shower her own friends with photography sessions as gifts and one of them was a lesson with her brother, Vaughn. Vaughn and I had a great time during the session, so much so that in the likeness of his sister, he had hired me for a very special life occasion.
- He had planned a surprise proposal at Heart Lake Conservation, Brampton.
- I was to be there as a “landscape photographer” enjoying the sights of the area.
- After having dinner with Samantha, he was going to show her that site which would be a potential spot for their engagement session (should the time come).
- Ashley was going to meet them there just for another keen-eye.
- We bumped into each other! “Hey, Vaughn! What are you doing here?! What a coincidence!”
- As Ashley and Samantha were taking in the sights, Vaughn got set up. There was a cooler filled with personalized Coca Cola (Coke) cans that would say it all!
- Blam! The rest is history!
This only makes my job as a photographer more fulfilling. To be a part of these life-giving moments! To date, it’s so great to see them both, spreading their nuptial bliss and encouraging others that surround them! Thank you, Ashley, Vaughn and Samantha for this great opportunity!
Tags: Brampton, Canon, Canon photography, couple, engagement, Heart Lake Conservation, love, mddphotography, photography, proposal, ring, Sigma, Sigma Art, Sigma Photo, surprise, VSCO, VSCO Film